Just when I think I know a bit of math, I find a new unit of length or something and then I realize I will never know any math.
Posts from the Mathematics Category
Choose another category?
- art, etc.
- Current Affairs
- electronic life
- Infinite Jest
- Poetry, Literature, and Writing
Deathbed dream puzzles of renowned Indian mathematician Srinivasa finally solved – 100 years after he died | Mail Online
While on his death-bed in 1920, Ramanujan wrote a letter to his mentor, English mathematician G. H. Hardy, outlining several new mathematical functions never before heard of, along with a hunch about how they worked.
Decades years later, researchers say they’ve proved he was right – and that the formula could explain the behaviour of black holes.
- Deathbed dream puzzles of renowned Indian mathematician Srinivasa finally solved – 100 years after he died (dailymail.co.uk)
- Indian math genius Ramanujan’s theory finally proved right (vancouverdesi.com)
- Ramanujan’s Deathbed Conjecture Finally Proven – Slashdot (science.slashdot.org)
- Indian math genius Ramanujan’s theory finally proved right (gulfnews.com)
- Century-Old Secret Unlocked (foxnews.com)
I love it when people get caught out trying to snow others with fake math references. Now it’s the turn of Herman Cain.
Finding out that [Herman] Cain was a math major gives me the same flush of embarrassment I get when I hear that a Jew did something bad. As for bamboozling people with mathematics, thats just an old creationist trick.