Questions (hit reply, or post to your blog):
1. Is Facebook clueless, unethical or just unlucky? Why?
2. Will Facebook’s latest behavior result in more lawsuits and/orindustry regulation?
3. Do you trust Facebook with your information?
1. I’d say all three: they are unlucky because they unethically adopt the clueless innocent pose in front of their users.
2. Yes on the lawsuits, because Facebook is big enough that it’s going to get lawsuits no matter what it does. However, I have seen enough outrage, and not just from Jason, that I believe this latest privacy action will result in more lawsuits on this specific subject. I am also still naive enough to hope that a few more “best practices” sorts of announcements regarding privacy might be put out by other Internet companies, specifically geared at the naive first-time user.