Yes, still somber in the wake of the death of Christopher Hitchens this past Thursday. Since I’ve had cancer, I inevitably focus upon any other person diagnosed with the same type of cancer that I had, esophageal cancer. Now in this past week the two people that I knew of who were currently dealing with that particular type of cancer have died, one on Wednesday and Christopher Hitchens on Thursday.
[I might add in here that I myself had my regular quarterly check-up at my oncologist’s a week ago and everything is still fine and I don’t even have to have a scan this year.]
All I can think of to do, and all I could think of to do before these two deaths, is to keep trying to take more days away from death than I was going to get otherwise.
I am also sitting here reading god is not great and feeling oddly soothed by it.
- christopher hitchens dead and gone (propagandapress.wordpress.com)
- Christopher Hitchens, 1949 – 2011 (dvorak.org)
- Christopher Hitchens: 1949-2011 (shortformblog.tumblr.com)
- Christopher Hitchens is Dead (breakingspells.net)
- A Tribute to Christopher Hitchens (skepticalteacher.wordpress.com)
- Christopher Hitchens: Remembering The Legendary Writer And Orator (huffingtonpost.com)
- Christopher Hitchens (geoffarnold.com)